Community Affairs Safety, Health Environment & Security (CASHES) policy is Key instrument or document which will guide every member of staff of OKOLEX NIGERIA LIMITED in the course of carrying out any assignment. This vital document will be distributed to members of staff freely so every one of them will be conscious of the importance that the company attaches to (CASHES): OKOLEX NIGERIA LIMITED has been functioning as a Real Estate, Building, Civil Engineering & Projects Company for years with good community relations and sound CASHES policy.
The purpose of distributing this document to staff is to enable them to acquaint themselves with the dictates of this policy and to be involved in the task of making every project accident free. The management on his own will ensure that the information in the document are well disseminated to staff because of the company’s concern on CASHES of every staff. We also believe that members of staff will reciprocate this worthwhile venture.
A good CASHES policy is our guide, while training is our watchword. Equipment are checked and counter checked to make sure they are in good working condition before they are moved to our clients work site.
Staff of the company attend CASHES meeting for effective communication and implementation of safe working methods.
Interest in CASHES by staff is development not only to boost awareness in safety, but also to help prevent any injury on site and to imbibe the idea of excellent. CASHES procedures by maintaining strict discipline on site at all times.
OKOLEX NIGERIA LIMITED is an indigenous Real Estate, Building, Projects and Civil Engineering Company. The company also acts as General contractors and suppliers. Our policy is to promote safety and the determination of efficient operation. In this vein our policy has therefore being formulated along the lines of community Affairs/Safety, Health Environment and Security.
Accident is a waste of resources and our management pledges strong commitment to prevention by ensuring that employees are given requisites CASHES education and that the goal of CASHES are achieved. In principal, management agrees that all accident are preventable and every effort is made towards zero target for accidents.
Community Affairs Policy
It is our policy to maintain good public elation with host community. Prior to mobilization, the host community is visited to dialogue with them before the commencement of the work in order to minimize community disturbances.
It is our policy that all jobs are carried out in a safe manner, so that the life of our employees and other who may be connected to our operations are safeguarded.
The management will provide all relevant personal protective Equipment (PPE). Employees should ensure strict compliance and all necessary safety precautions/standards.
Before the commencement if any work, a job hazard analysis must be carried out. Pep talk and CASHES meeting must be concluded regularly.
Zero community disturbances Assist on community development and may employ staff or casual from host community.
- Ensure medical examination is carried out on all staff, prior to mobilization and during the project execution period.
- Establish an effective MEDEVAC/EDRESCURE procedure.
- Adequate medical facilities should be available for staff.
- Keep as low as practically possible exposure of personnel to health hazard.
- Provide first aid on site.
- Zero fatality amongst our company staff, sub-contractor employees and third party exposed to our operations.
- Zero night sailing/driving unless dispensation is approved by management.
- Zero non-adherence to the “permit to work” system and other agreed work procedures.
- Zero LTI (L time Injury).
Before the commencement of any work, a job safety hazard analysis must be carried out pep talk and CASHES meeting must be concluded regularly.
The management has made adequate provision for the health of her staff, company retains the services of a client to cater for the employees. Before mobilization to any new site, all staff is medically certified fit to work. OKOLEX NIGERIA LIMITED adheres strictly to our client’s policy on drug and alcohol.
Our policy lay much emphasis on preservation and conservation of our environment in course of executing our projects. Efforts are geared towards reduction of all environmental problems during our operations.
The security of all employees and properties all is well preserved. Staff movement record should be kept. In addition; train security men are provided security measures for personnel and properties. Employees are to provide identity cards.
- Zero spillage incidents resulting in contamination of waterways, creeks/Rivers farm land, Fish ponds etc.
- Avoid permanent damage to aqua-culture, Soil, Fishing.
- Avoid as much as practical possible commingling fresh and salt water.
- Zero theft.
- Zero incidenrism.
- Ensure provision of identity card for all staff.
ORGANIZATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES & POLICY IMPLEMENTATION
The responsibility for ensuring implementation of the CASHES policy rests directly upon the management of OKOLEX NIGERIA LIMITED. Management is poised to shoulder possibility. Responsibilities will be assigned to supervisor and the necessary backing in terms of funds and management will give authority. Safety officers will also appoint and will be present at every work site. The safety officer is to advice and ensure that all work activities are concluded in a safe manner.
In addition to the above, management will carry out the following measures to ensure effective implementation of the company’s CASHES policy.
- Allocate sufficient resources to provide and maintain conditions and places of work that are, so far as is reasonably practicable safe and healthy.
- Ensure that all machinery, plants and equipment are in good working order. Appropriate tools for the job will be made available.
- Provide where necessary approved personal protective equipment and clothing and to ensure that employees understand their proper usage.
- Ensure that adequate instructions are given to employees on all aspects of their work, especially hazardous to health.
- Review operations and work methods from time to time in order to incorporate where necessary changes in statutory obligations and new technologies.
The immediate responsibilities for health and safety at work rest with the line supervisors. They are primarily concerned with preventing accident which results injuries to persons and damage to company property. It is the responsibility of the supervisors to give clear and explicit work instructions to his men. He has to ensure that every employee under him complies with the instructions and work practices stipulated for the job assigns. Necessary personal protective equipment must be won before workers are allowed into such job areas that requires precautions.
Role Of Safety Officer:
The safety will advice management and supervisor on CASHES matter as necessitated by the job to be executed. He will carry out the following duties:
- Give “pep talk” or early morning briefing to workers before the day’s job begins.
- Ensure that workers wear necessary personal protective equipment.
- Ensure that appropriate work permits are obtain from the client and all the precaution stipulated strictly observed.
- Conduct unsafe act audit on daily.
- Attend client’s safety meetings and implement all related actions points as they affect company’s operation.
- Ensure that the right tools are being used for the job.
- All equipment in service must be in good working condition.
- Hold safety meetings with the work force every two weeks and the minutes shall be properly documents and sent to clients engineer in charge of the project being executed.
- Display appropriate safety notices and sign boards in the work site.
- Ensure that functional first aids box is in site and all employees made to obtain treatment no matter how minor the injury may be.
- Regular inspection pf work place and advising management on hazardous condition noted.
- Investigate any accident that may occur at work place.
- Compile monthly safety statistics.
OKOLEX NIGERIA LIMITED to achieve its set CASHES policy, all the employees are expected to obey all rules and observe all precautions requires for the job being executed. When in doubt, clear up with the supervisor of safety officer on site before you continue. Do not take short-cuts. Employees should report without delay any unsafe condition of equipment of work environment.
Strictly adherence to all rules and work instructions in all obligations which an employee owes to OKOLEX NIGERIA LIMITED. Management will seriously deal defaulters.
This policy statement will be available to all employees of the company.
A copy will also be posted on the information board in the office and in all locations/works sites. The policy will be reviewed from time to time to accommodate changes in statutory requirement and technologies.
Code Of Work Practices:
All jobs executed by this company shall comply with accepted codes of standard practices. All specification stipulate in the drawing and contract papers must be strictly adhering to. Necessary precaution must be taken and safe. Methods employed throughout the execution of the job.
Changes may cause hazards when they are not managed proper. Human error is the triggering cause of accidents. Management and staff will cooperate effectively and do the following:
- Following operations laid down for each job. Procedures issued for work must be straight forward and straight to be the point and must ambiguous
- Management will provide supervision, resources for work and continuous training programme for workers
- Change no matter how small will be subject to analysis. It is quit possible for changes to introduce new hazard not known, the urge to cut corners to get through jobs in the shortest possible time is prohibited.
- Time means money, but no job is so urgent and no services so vital that time cannot be set out to do it safely.
- Human error, carelessness or lack of sufficient safety awareness are often repeating themselves in accident experiences.
- It points to the fact that human beings do fail but the consequences of failure will make the difference whether the outcome is a minor injury or a fatal one.
- There is no known solution for human error except through early detection and intervention persuasion and guidance from experience worker.
- Employment procedures will take into account both the physical and mental fitness of employees. Employees who show signs of physical deformity and mental retardation will not be employed.
- A medical fitness examination is organized for new recruits.
- Every staff will strive to improve previous safely tasks and target aiming at 50% reduction in mistake.
OKOLEX NIGERIA LIMITED management believes in training and retraining of both new and old staff. The company will continue it invest in this area. A trained and skilled worker is an invaluable asset. Both in house and external training programme are used. It leads to reduced accident rates fire hazards operating costs and wastage on one hand and it increases production employees’ morals and efficiency on the other hand. Harmonies the two (2) good housekeeping into one.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Encourage employees participating in the safety effort.
- Regularly monitor employee work habits.
- Direct the safety policy and implementation.
- Provide necessary personal protective equipment.
- Co-ordinate planning to ensure compliance with statutory and client’s regulation.
- Obtain the necessary work permits from the clients paid to commencement of projects.
- Ensure that company policy is strictly adhere to
- He shall head the safety management committee in absence of the Director
- Carry out job safety audits
- Join in the investigation of accidents
- In collaboration with safety officer and Director he develops new work procedures to reduce accidents on site.
- Organize regular site safety drills
- Report and investigate near misses
- Head the site safety meetings
- Ensure the use of personal protective equipment
- Oversee the training of all operation
- Conduct regular site inspections & monitor safe work practices
- Join in the development of procedures
- Organize site safety talks for staff
- Ensure that workers are with safety items on working site
- Ensure that all accident are promptly reported
- Investigate all accident occurring at site and effect recommendations to prevent re-occurrences
- Ensure compliance with site safety regulations.
In addition to his other office duties he
- Joins in the investigation of office accidents
- Maintain good house keeping
- Assist in office training of staff on health and safety matters
- He is responsible for the safety of all office based staff.
- They are to receive safety, WORK SAFE.
- They must not use any unsafe tools.
- Adhere to laid down rules, practice good housekeeping, must not operate machines they are used to it.
- Take part in safety drills and safety training.
- They shall repeat any unsafe practice to supervise officer.
- Congested routes should be avoided. Speed must be reduced/adjusted when a difficult terrain is noticed.
To provide industrial safety for our employees. Personnel protective Equipment (P.P.E) is issued to them. All vehicles will undergo intensive checkup to make these vehicles are in good working condition to prevent accident.
GOOD HOUSE KEEPING
Measure aimed at ensuring good housekeeping include:
- Keeping work place clean daily.
- Designate a place for waste/scraps. This will ensure that such scraps or wastes are not thrown all around.
- Raw material should be received and stored in a particular place. Finished goods should equally be stored in a designated place.
- Floors should be kept clean and free from substances that can cause slips and falls.
- Broken floors should not be require immediately.
- Obstructions should not be allowed on gangways, passages steps or doorways.
- All routes to various parts of the workplace should be kept free always.
- Flammable materials should be stored in safe places and separate from non-flammable once.
- Similarly toxic/corrosive liquids or substance are kept in separate place.
- Rags used in cleaning oils, grease, etc must be carefully stored in closed containers to prevent fire outbreaks.
- Tools must be removed from the floor and kept in the tool box or proper storage places.
- Extension cables and flexible power supply leads to hand tools and equipment should be coiled up and kept away from the work and passage.
- Delicate material should be stacked to emergency or firefighting equipment.
Good housekeeping is defined as orderly arrangement of operation tools, equipment storage facilities and supplies. It means more than cleanliness. It is a practical method of getting high production, low accident rates and improved employed morale.
HOW TO PRACTICE GOOD HOUSE KEEPING
- Put tools back in the rack or tool box when through or not in use or not on the floor.
- Clean up the work place to remove litter, trash, dirt and accumulate junk
- Repair loose steps, unstable hand rails and loose walkways
- Air, water and other services houses should be coiled up when not in use.
- Keep floors, gangways, passages, and staircase clean, free from oil/gas and clear of all obstructions
- Provide suitable bins for disposal of cleaning materials, oily rags cotton waste and other refuge.
- Nothing should be stored on window ledges or hung from walls even temporarily
- Review accident records, to determine if faulty housekeeping was a contributing factor
- Most importantly set a good example does not hesitate to pick up litter from the floor and put them in the trash can.
ACCIDENT REPORTING AND INVESTIGATION
An accident is considered as an incident involving an employee when the safety of the person is endangered. All accidents and near misses will first be reported to heaviest supervisor who makes immediate investigation and reports to the company’s safety offices. Management shall be informed immediately by the safety officer and a full investigation repeat shall be presented. When an accident involving personal occurs when executing a client’s project the client’s representative shall be notified within forty – eight hours.
The cause of any accident be it industrial, Road, Marine and Air, or Equipment and any near miss must be analysis. The finding must be adhered to strictly to prevent a future occurrence.
CLASSIFICATION OF ACCIDENTS
Accidents are classified as at the place of occurrence.
AIR TRAFFIC ACCIDENT
Accident involving company staffs on air routes on company business. It will also include those involved in company approved air crafts
There are accidents in waterways involving company staff on company business with crafts canoes, thugs etc.
ROAD TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS
These include all accident involving company personnel as vehicle while on operation and business
- Unsafe act of Injury or other person leading to the accident.
- Unsafe physical/mental Mechanical or Environmental conditions contributing to the accident.
- Brief Description of the Accident, Attach Details.
- Immediate corrective Action taken.
- Action to be taken to prevent repetition.
These occurs at work site/work shops to prevent industrial accidents employees are advised to near or put on personal protective equipment, such Head hats which are used to crane operations and their mates, those working in areas round a crane in operation and those working near the foot of scaffold while there are persons working at the top. Coveralls aprons and legging are also useful I protecting staff from burns and harmful rays.
FIRE PREVENTION AND PROTECTION
- Watches and lighters are forbidden in working areas.
- Electrical appliances should be turned off at the close of work.
- “No smoking signs” must be rigorously enforced.
- All employees either in offices, site or workshops are charged with fire prevention in their places of work.
- Portable fire extinguishers shall be provided.
- All used extinguishers shall be replaced immediately with serviceable once, while empties shall be re-charge.
- Dates of inspection should be stenciled/marked on the extinguishers.
- All extinguishers shall be mounted on wall brackets to avoid being removed or tempered with.
- Every employee must be trained in the correct methods of operating these appliances.
- On noticing a fire, alarm must be raised to alert others in the vicinity. Try not to panic, reach the nearest extinguisher and attack the source of the fire.
- Know that fire exists well before you need to use them.
- Calmly withdraw if fire escalates, if there appears to be damages to life.
- Take a roll-call of all staff at the designated master point. In cases of fire to vehicle.
- Try to get help as soon as possible.
- Push the vehicle off the road/traffic post.
- If possible dispatch another person to get help.
- Approach the fire with the wind at the back.
- Disconnect the battery if possible.
- It is the responsibility of the company to make its workplace safe for the staff.
- On arrival, employee must recognize the importance of self discipline so as not to constitute or pose as damage to him & others.
- Staff of Okolex Nigeria Limited must follow safety rules rigidly. Personal protective equipment must be when at all times while on site.
SAFETY REVIEW & SAFETY METHODS
COMMUNITY ON SAFETY
The company shall its “MANAGEMENT SAFETY COMMITTEE” and it shall have as its members:
Director as Chairman
Safety Officer as Secretary
Chief Engineer as Manager
The Site Engineer as member
Administrative manager as member
This committee are the highest policy making body regarding provision of safety working places and equipment. They look, consider and review all accident matters. They arrange and hold meetings.
The company operation facilities and equipment will be inspected at regular intervals. The aim is to highlight problems and hazards, which might cause accidents efforts, will be made to rectify sheet comings and to correct unsafe actions observed during inspections.
Site safety machine
This committee shall organize weekly safety meetings. The committee members as made up of:
The Chief Engineer
The Site Engineer
The Site Supervisor and Workers
Copies of the minutes of these meetings are made available to the officer who peruses acts and file. It is important to note that before moving to any site; it must be inspected by the officer and the site engineer.
AIR TRAFFIC SAFETY
In order to reduce air accidents and protect the lives of our staff, the air crafts should be checked regularly to eliminate any mechanical fault. Air passengers must wear life jackets provided by the company.
ROAD TRAFFIC SAFETY
In order to reduce road accidents and protect the lives of company staff and property, the company has put down some guidelines to thin effect:
- All drivers should attend regular training to update their driving skills.
- All vehicles shall be constantly be checked to ascertain their road worthiness.
- Drinking, Smoking and eating while driving are PROHIBITED all faults should be reported.
- Speed must be adjusted to prevailing road conditions.
- Vehicles for haulage of goods must be used to convey passengers EXCEPT the front seat passenger.
MARINE TRAFFIC SAFETY
The company has also adopted the following measures to reduce sea and water ways accidents.
- All warning signs must be observed
- Life jackets provided by the company should be worn by personnel during each trip
- All boats must be checked before any trip is embarked on.
- Passengers are advised not to panic but follow the instructions of the quarter master in case of mishap
- Night steaming/travel should be avoided.
FIRST AID AND TREATMENT
- As the team implies, first aid is the emergency medical treatment immediately following any injury.
- First aid can save lives and reduce endless suffering.
- It is part of the company safety policy for all employees to attend approved first aid courses.
- It is not meant to replace the treatment which must be rendered by a qualified medical doctor.
FIRST AID BOXES
- The company shall provide fully equipped medical first aid boxes for all location
- Supervisors must ensure supplies are promptly replenished as they are used, accidentally damaged.
- Supervisors must therefore be informed whenever an item of first aid medical supply has been used, to ensure replacement.
- Empty first aid boxes are of no use to anyone in times of need when an injury producing accident occurs.
- render proper first aid.
- Report proper first aid.
- Seek expert medical treatment for the victim.
- Investigate immediately and remove causes.
- Cover the wound with your hand press firmly against it, Get a clean cloth or towel to cover the wound, press firmly and hard to stop bleeding.
- If the person is conscious, get him to hold the cloth in place while you get help.
- If possible, raise the wound above the chest or breast bone.
- Make him comfortable if you can.
- If unconscious and if not breathing give kiss of life while you try to stop bleeding.
- Never use tourniquet unless the bleeding is very severe.
BURNS AND SERIOUS FALLS
- In case of severe burns immediately put burn under cold water or run cold water for about 30 minutes (continue cooling until there is no further pain)
- Don’t pick blisters
- Do not put butter oil or ointment seek urgent medical attention
- Similar burns less than 2 inches can be covered by any antiseptic cream and clean handkerchief before he is seen by a doctor. In case of severe burns. Shock can set in an should be treated by wrapping unburned areas with extra clothing or blanket and give a warm, sugared drink if he/she is conscious.
- Remove clothing if not sucked to skin.
- If back or neck is injured do not move the injured is further endangered.
- If conscious, no back or neck pains, make him comfortable and try to immobilize fractures by the trying leg or arm to body
- If unconscious and breathing don’t move unless in further danger. Watch to see he doesn’t choke. Features are of two types
- Simple fracture: broken bone but no open wound
- Compound fracture broken with open wound.
HEAR MESSAGE AND BREATHING RESTORATION.
Please lower hold of breastbone. Press about once every second. Give sharp blow to treat and re-start the heart.
- Turn the person on his/her back
- The head must be held titled well back with the lower jaw pushed forward.
- Punch the nostrils shut with the fingers of one hand and keep the head right back
- Cover his/her mouth with yours and below till chest fills. It is important to note that you blow from chest not your cheeks.
- Blow steadily after the first four quick breaths. This will load the person’s blood with oxygen. His colour should improve any second lost is fatal.
GENERAL SAFETY RULES
- Only certified swimmers will be allowed to work in swamp and marine areas.
- All staff working in barges or above water must wear vest.
- All staff traveling in watercraft must obey the instructions of the quartermaster.
- No watercraft is allowed to travel after daylight.
ALCOHOL AND OTHER DRUGS
- Alcohol will not be taken at work sites.
- No drugs will be taken without medical advice or prescription.
- All staff must obey the laid down rules while travelling in watercrafts air craft’s and on land.
- No persons will be transported in open vehicles not registered for passenger.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Personal protective equipment are meant for the used and protection of the staff. This personal protective equipment includes hard hats. Coveralls, aprons, leggings gloves, shoes and boots.
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANUAL
It is the intent and policy of OKOLEX NIGERIA LIMITED to apply quality management processes to the products and services rendered.
It is also the policy of the company to comply with all contractual requirements and client’s regulatory requirements, implementing a documented quality system specified in this manual, operating procedures and other quality documents of OKOLEX NIGERIA LIMITED.
It is the management commitment to ensure a planned and organize system capable of demonstrating product and service executions which conform with acceptable quality requirements and internal standards and code such as ISO 9000 standards.
The emphasis is to maintain high standards of workmanship and to prevent non-conformance, because of this way the profitability and consequently the continuity of our business can be assured.
The overall co-ordination and monitoring is the responsibility of all line manager with the quality Assurance Manager having the management invested authority and organizational freedom to identify quality problems mostly through regular audits, recommended corrective actions verify implementation and compliance.
Every staff is expected to comply and adhere to the quality system and requirement of the company.
- To ensure that services products to be rendered comply with all relevant statutory requirements, comply, national and international standards, specifications and contractual requirements in the most effective and timely manner.
- To ensure that safety and security of services, products environment HSES of personal have been carefully considered and that the appropriate measures should always be implemented and complied with.
- To obtain a certificate of fitness and any other certificate for operation of the services and product without causing any delay in the planned progress of the order of services/products.
- To work in a systematic manner to formulate operating procedures tailored to eradicate non –conformance thereby enhancing improvements, irrespective of contractual requirements.
- To maintain proper documentation of the system to promote uniformity of working practices.
QA CODES AND STANDARDS
ANI-NE-001: project Management Philosophy
ANL-QAD-002: Quality Management Guide
ANL-EN-002: Tender/Bid Evaluation Guide.
– Pipeline Act 1957
– Land Decree Use Act 1978
–ISO 9001-1994: Quality System- Model for quality Assurance in design/development, protection, installation and services.
-ASME Quality Assurance programme requirement.
-BS4778 1994- Glossayr of Teams in quality assurance.
In order to render satisfactory and quality services/products to clients and customers, OKOLEX NIGERIA LIMITED has instituted a well structured organization to undertake the various company activities. Every activity is carried out such that the provisions of quality management system are accomplished.
The overall company organizational structure is shown in chapter 1.3
QUALITY SYSTEM OUTLINES
QUALITY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
This quality Management System is based on the requirement of ISO 9000 Standards-1994 editions. The quality system consists of the corporate policy organization, procedures, project quality plans and other quality documents and specifications. The quality system is periodically renewed to ensure compliance. Audits are carried out as when deemed necessary findings utilized to improve the system. The system requires that all activities are clearly defined and documented without ambiguity.
Before a contract is signed two reviews are carried out namely tender review and contract review. These are carried out with the intent of making sure that conformance of client’s objectives and contract requirements are met and deficiency detected before hand and reported accordingly.
This aspect of quality require deals with the preparation, Verification, issue modification approval, filling cancellation, archiving and destruction of technical documents released by the company and has to do with establishment. Document will be identified, complied and addressed according as per document control procedure receiving approval attention.
The following are examples of documented that are subject control.
They are Technical literature, standards, procedures, drawings manual project records, the responsibly of the project Manager. Modification of documents is covered by the document contract procedure. However, modified document go through the seamen verification, approval/issue process.
This sets out QA measures for assessment of suppliers and subcontractors from technical and AO standpoints. This will ensure that they are capable of supplying goods and services that satisfy the requirements set out in the purchasing documents. It also ensures that purchasing documents include and refer to all requirements for obtaining the required quality.
The procurement Department places all purchase orders and all suppliers or subcontractors are selected from a preferred list of pre-qualified vendors. All purchased products or the related are subject to inspection before use. Records of inspection activities carried out are adequately recorded. There also exist a procurement procedure, while cover the processes involved.
Basic Design Control
All design documents originated by OKOLEX NIGERIA LIMITED or its engineering subcontractor or where design is involved in a contract, should be subject to systematic control and checking to ensure accuracy and adequate in format and content with respect to project and in-house requirement. The system employed for design verification consists of self check, discipline check, interdisciplinary check and design review.
The following general requirement are the adhere to in order to satisfy the design engineering and design documents and drawing.
- Basic design input data
- Basic design output data
- Basic design verification
- Design modification.
All design documents must carry signatures of originator. Checker and project engineer prior to release or presentation.
Control of Non-Conformance
This aspect of quality requirements will highlight and set out measure concerning the control or handling of non-conformance.
The measures will include but not limited:
– Identification, control and documentation of non-conformance items
– Preventive action to avoid repetition of the non-conformance.
These measures will ensure prevention of unauthorized installation or use of products or services. The identification involves marking, tagging or other suitable means, which enable the non-conformance to be easily recognized, records shall always be kept of all definitely items no longer rework able or repairable.
Customers Supplied Products
On receipt of purchaser (customer) supplied products. They shall be subject to an incoming inspection for damages, quantities, purchases order, available and pertinence of documentation, the fact should there be any non-conformance or abnormalities, the fact should be noted and the customer promptly advised together with recommendation, if applicable.
For material in a partially finished condition, such as partially, completed purchase order placed by the customer for long lead items and handed over placed by the contractor for completion shall be treated as normal protect purchase order.
There should always be accompanied delivery notes to the supplied products which should duly addressed quality requirement records and properly signed with distributed copies.
This section sets outlines the compilation, filing verification issue, modification, retrieval, archiving and destruction of quality record files that constitute objective proof of the quality of the products of the company. Records could be drawn from the following documentary sources a minimum:
- Management reviews
- Contract reviews
- Design reviews
- Test and inspection records
- Project records
- Computer files
- Corrective action etc.
Retention periods of records shall be established based on legal and/or contracted requirement s and specified in the relevant procedures or work instructions.
The measures taken shall ensure that the inspection and test status is permanently updated and that the progress reporting contains the status records.
This section sets out systematic control of all the company’s unit, in order to verify the correct implementation and compliance of the quality system described in this manual and the operative procedures, as well as to check the effectiveness and application of the quality plan regarding a specific project.
The result of these audits shall be made available to the managers and relevant discipline heads and those of audited areas. Where deficiencies have been noted an Audits corrective Action Request.
Form is completed and will be used to ensure adequate and timely solution of the define problem(s).
Any condition detrimental to the quality of an item or work will be promptly investigated; document and evaluation Systematic steps will then be taken to correct the cause of the deficiency and to effectively screen the products,
Material, service or work, which should have been passed since the last acceptable item.
Corrective action is therefore embarked upon with the purpose of removing the causes which are rise to non-compliance or other situations that might be liable to jeopardize quality. Any member of OKOLEX NIGERIA limited may declare his intention to initiate corrective action through QA manager based on notice of non-conformance.
Handling, storage, packaging and shipment
Materials, subjects to deterioration or corrosion due to environment shall be kept clean and fully protected at all times in accordance with approved procedures. There shall be responsible inspector(s) to monitors these conditions. Unsatisfactory condition of material and equipment for and routine compliance
Personnel performing activities affecting quality, including but not limited to designers, welders, inspector, NDT-Operators, etc. maintained. Competence of relevant personnel shall be systematically verified by means of:
These shall be undertaken either through in-house schemes or recognized third party organization. All training and qualification shall be substantiated by the relevant records.
- COMPANY PROCEDURES
6.1 Design Control Procedures – ANL-EN-003
6.2 Office Administration – ANL-EN-004
6.3 Deviation Control – ANL-AD-001
6.4 Deviation Control – ANL-QA-003
6.5 Audit Procurement – ANL-QA-005
6.6 Site Activities – ANL-EN-005
6.7 Corrective Action – ANL-QA-006
6.8 Procurement Control – ANLPR-001
6.9 Inspection – ANL-QC-001
6.10 Logistic Control – ANL-LL-001
6.11 Community Relations – ANL-CR-001
6.12 Emergency Procedures – ANL-CR-001
6.13 HSES Requirement Procedures – ANL-HSES-001
6.14 Inspection and Testing – ANL-QA-002.
METHOD OF UPDATE
- AMENDMENT AND RE-ISSUE
This manual shall be updated by the quality Assurance manager when significant changes in terms of standard changes or technology advancement, or activities are found to be significantly inappropriate due to findings during reviews, quality audits or technical reviews/audit. Authorization for the issue of the amended sections or update manual shall be from the QA Manager and Managing Director.
All amendments shall be submitted to the QA Manager for review and approval prior to release. Distribution of copies of the original and updated copies is the responsibility of QA Manager. All superseded copies of the original and subsequent issues of the manual shall be collected personally by QA manager or assigned personal and destroys.
- Hold safely meetings with the work force every two weeks and the minutes shall be properly documented and sent to the clients engineer in charge of the project being executed.
- Display appropriate safety notice and sign boards in the work site.
- Ensure that functional first aid box is in site and all employees made to obtain treatment no matter how minor the injury may be.
- Regular inspection of work place and advising management on hazardous conditions noted.
- Investigate any accident that may occur at work place
- Compile monthly safety statistics.
OKOLEX NIGERIA LIMITED to achieve its set Quality Assurance employees are oblige to obey all rules and observe all precautions required for the job being executed.
When in doubt, clear up with the supervisor or safety officer on site before you continue. Do not take short cuts. Employees should report without delay any unsafe condition or equipment in their work environment.
Strictly adherence to all rules and work instruction is an obligation, which employees owe to OKOLEX NIGERIAN LIMITED
Management will seriously deal with defaulters.